• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Blitz in 2014

K

Kevin Luh

Hi guys,

I know it's too early to talk about Blitz in 2014. However, as we all know, times does fly by.

I would highly appreciate it if you could provide me some information on 2014 Blitz.

Does it cover only ICD-10-CM? Or both ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS?

Does it cover the 2014 version of CPT? Will there be huge differences between the 2013 version of CPT and the 2014 version of CPT?

Thanks a million!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Kevin,

The 2014 Blitz will be available the end of December / early January. It will not cover ICD-10 since you won't be tested on that until 2015. We will have a ICD-10 Blitz type class to fill in the gap for those preparing for the proficiency.

No there should not be huge differences in CPT from 2013 to 2014 but you will still need your new coding manuals.

HTH

Ellen

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Hi Kevin,

The 2014 Blitz will be available the end of December / early January. It will not cover ICD-10 since you won't be tested on that until 2015. We will have a ICD-10 Blitz type class to fill in the gap for those preparing for the proficiency.

No there should not be huge differences in CPT from 2013 to 2014 but you will still need your new coding manuals.

HTH

Ellen

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Alas, AHIMA is already throwing in ICD 10 CM and PCS questions on its otherwise often outdated exams and classwork. Still, glad there will be CCo materials for the many folks who will learn from them. Thank you for all your efforts that help the rest of us.

Sharon Clarke

Blitzer
Glad to hear you are considering Blitz videos for ICD-10. I will be sure to purchase it! Keep us posted as to when it will be available Laureen!